Skillshare is hiring a remote SEO Lead. This is a full-time position that can be done remotely anywhere within the United States. Skillshare – An online learning community for creators.
What you’ll do:
- Own the SEO strategy across Skillshare’s product and ecosystem
- Create the SEO roadmap and work with key stakeholders to develop KPIs for organic growth
- Collaborate with Product to optimize the site and user experience for SEO
- Work with the Content, Creative, and Marketing teams to inform the publishing strategy across our owned channels, optimize content for SEO, and execute a link-building strategy
- Monitor performance metrics such as page ranking, site traffic trends and conversion optimization using SEO tools like Google Search Console and SEM Rush
- Conduct keyword research and competitive analyses to identify white space opportunities and develop our keyword targeting strategy
- Perform regular audits of our site and content to ensure we’re following SEO best practices
- Manage reporting and communications with SEO stakeholders across the company
Why we’re excited about you:
- You have demonstrated experience leading and implementing a successful SEO strategy in-house at a scaling enterprise company
- You are an expert in keyword research and content-related SEO
- You have extensive technical SEO knowledge and have worked closely with a product team to optimize a large-scale site for crawlability and indexing
- You are knowledgeable about off-page SEO and best practices for link-building
- You have experience setting up relevant analytics and managing conversion tracking using industry-leading SEO tools
- You’re strategic and able to prioritize multiple initiatives for maximum impact
- You’re a natural collaborator, easily able to build sustainable cross-departmental workflows and evangelize the importance of SEO across the organization
- You’re an excellent communicator and can report out to stakeholders of all levels
Why you’re excited about us:
- Impact: You’ll be driving the strategy and execution behind a major cross-functional initiative, with the goal of making SEO a reliable organic growth engine for Skillshare’s brand and business.
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to lead increasingly impactful projects (global SEO strategy, etc.) over time with the success of SEO.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.