Growth Machine is expanding quickly, and we need your help to continue being the best SEO and content marketing agency on the internet.
We’re hiring a SEO project manager to lead client projects and audits focused on SEO and content marketing. You’ll work closely with our operations, editorial, and link building teams to ensure our clients are getting the white glove service we pride ourselves on, and that we’re delivering premium content that earns our clients the top spots in Google for the search terms relevant to their business.
You’ll be responsible for nurturing the client relationship and establishing the successful momentum of new and ongoing projects, and you’ll oversee ongoing content projects as well as in-depth technical and content audits. You’ll also be responsible for implementing new systems as necessary (or improving existing ones) to make sure we are operating as seamlessly and efficiently as we can, and producing great results on a large scale.
This is the perfect role for someone who is excited about project management, account management, SEO, and campaign planning within an agency environment, particularly if you have experience in content marketing specifically, and are excited by the idea of helping a dynamic internet-based company grow quickly.
The Project Manager’s job is to make sure that everything is running smoothly, seamlessly, and on schedule at all times. To do that, the manager has to split their time between coordinating the editorial planning and SEO audit processes and being available for clients’ needs. Here’s what you’d be responsible for:
Project Management and Editorial Strategy Responsibilities
- Perform keyword research, and create and manage content plans for up to 20 clients in multiple industries.
- Stay one step ahead of the writers and editors by making sure each article for each client is thought through ahead of time, and provide everything they need in advance so they can complete the article without issues or delays.
- Organize content plans in Google Sheets, Google Data Studio, and Asana, making sure every editorial calendar is up to date, and planned out sufficiently in advance, at all times.
- Assist the editors in sourcing and screening writers to find the perfect fit for our projects.
- Perform detailed technical audits and opportunity/content audits for clients.
- Miscellaneous problem solving as the point person for writers’ and editors’ concerns, questions, scheduling issues, and anything else related to the editorial plan and schedule.
Client Relationship Management Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary contact for your clients at Growth Machine. That means managing the relationship from the moment the contract is signed through the lifecycle of the project. Touch-points would include: leading client calls; answering questions, allaying concerns, and requests; coordinate changes to the content plan as requested by clients; and more as needed. We pride ourselves on the white glove service we offer our clients, and you would be free to adjust and improve the process as you see fit.
- Learn the client’s category and business inside and out, and employ a strategic approach to planning content, analyzing project performance, and reporting results.
- Serve as the liaison between clients and the writing team during the ramp up period between project kickoff and beginning of publishing.
- Deliver weekly progress updates (via email) for clients on the status of their project.
- You’re a critical thinker and a strong, creative problem-solver.
- You have an insatiable thirst for organization and efficiency, and a keen eye for detail. You’re always looking for ways to improve existing processes so that they work better for everyone involved.
- You’re detail-oriented, organized, and efficient, and you’re not intimidated by juggling a lot of different projects and responsibilities at once.
- You have a proven track record of client relationship management in an agency, or similarly fast-paced environment.
- You have a strong grasp of the technical elements of SEO, and have managed the back end of a site before. You don’t need to be an engineer, but should be familiar with the technical elements of a site that Google cares about.
- You have great communication and people skills, and you’re experienced in and comfortable managing client expectations and making sure clients are well taken care of.
- You’re a flexible and agile. You don’t bat an eye at a fast pace or a rapidly growing and changing work environment.
- You’re capable of working autonomously. You’re happy with the freedom and you don’t need or want to be managed.
- You’re friendly, eager to jump in and make the job your own, and love to contribute to tangible business growth and success.
- Remote Work: Some of us are based in Austin, but you don’t have to be. You can work from anywhere in a US timezone.
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance 100% covered for you and 50% for your family.
- Life Insurance: We cover life insurance for 2x your salary up to 200k, and you can add up to 500k in additional coverage.
- 401k: You’ll have access to a 401k with a 6% company match.
- Profit Sharing: Each quarter we’re profitable, a portion of that profit is split amongst the team.
- Vacation and Holiday: 20 days paid vacation time, and we take off all major holidays, including a week over the New Year. Additional days per year with the company.
- Team Retreats: Team trips each year to cities like Austin, LA, Chicago to get some time together in person.