At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development.The mission of our platform engineers is to scale Netlify’s microservices infrastructure for the next million users.
We recently raised $53M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. This round was led by the EQT Ventures with participation from existing investors Andreessen Horowitz & Kleiner Perkins. This brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $97M to date. Other past investors include Bloomberg Beta, Designer Fund, and Tank Hill Ventures, as well as the founders of Figma, GitHub, Slack and Yelp.
About the team:
The mission of our SRE team is to scale Netlify’s infrastructure for the next million users. Whether you’re a seasoned systems developer or a software developer that wants to focus on systems, we want to hear from you! Our team works remotely across North America and European time zones.
The Reliability team is dedicated to ensuring application resiliency and delivering the compute and network platform at scale. As a member of the SRE team you will design, develop and deliver solutions which enhance the scalability, availability, and efficiency of our SaaS products. This role will have direct impact on platform and product teams by identifying problems, anti-patterns, and opportunities to add resilience to applications. Our tech stack includes (but is not limited to) Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, Kafka, and Golang based microservices.
Who you are:
- You have outstanding interpersonal skills, and can effectively coordinate incident response across globally distributed teams
- You are a software engineer at heart, with a compulsion to automate everything
- You have production level experience operating Linux systems and ability to methodically diagnose system, network, and application issues
What you’ll do:
- Design, build and maintain core infrastructure
- Create self-healing infrastructures, such as automating DNS and BGP routing changes
- Develop solutions and applications for circuit breaking, performance testing, deployment and workflow automation
- Work extensively with internet standards like HTTP, DNS, and TLS
- Identify performance bottlenecks and troubleshoot performance issues
- Capacity planning, software performance analysis and system tuning
- Own availability, reliability, and performance of systems, work across teams managing SLO/SLA’s
- Work with the Platform engineering team to understand deployment processes and work to iteratively improve the release pipeline to ensure a highly resilient deployment strategy
- Participate in on-call rotation
What you’ll bring:
- A passion for creating performant and reliable systems
- Deep working experience on cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, Azure and open source software like Kubernetes,Terraform, Spinnaker, etc.
- Experience finding anti-patterns and engineering reliability at scale
- A proficiency with Golang in production
- Good communication skills and experience leading projects
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
As a remote-first company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Netlify is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
Of everything we’ve ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating, and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
With your application, please include: A thoughtful cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify. A resume or short listing of job history. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine.)
When we receive your complete application with the items above, we’ll get back to you about the next steps.