Status is the gateway to the decentralized web. We’re building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community. Our core application, recently launched at v1 on Mobile and in beta on Desktop, is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, make payments and browse the decentralized web.
Who are we?
We’re a remote team made up of ~60 core contributors and a growing number of community members scattered around the globe. We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
The project & role:
Our Marketing team is a small, multi-disciplinary, group of web3 enthusiasts with a passion for engaging global users on Status’s decentralized technology. We are looking for a hybrid copywriter and social media manager who will be a key member of the team.
On the copywriting side, you’ll serve as principal writer and editor of all marketing and advertising copy, distilling complex technical concepts into engaging and compelling content.
On the social side, you’ll take full ownership of our social channels, shaping our brand’s social presence and outbound communication channels using effective copy and data analysis.
If you’re excited by blockchain technology, and have a flair for the written word, with an understanding of how that ladders up to the larger business goals, we’d love to hear from you.
- Write clear, concise, and conversational copy, ensuring tone and style, across all mediums
- Creation of marketing copy such as blog posts, social posts, web copy, and other marketing materials, acting as a thought leader on the tech
- Collaborate closely with product and marketing colleagues to come up with creative concepts for marketing material
- Generate communication strategies and all the creative aspects of campaign development
- Develop a clear content strategy which spans across communication and product.
- Own all official Status social channels (e.g. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit), managing outbound product messaging, positioning, and deliverables
- Produce social content that is aligned with business goals in line with our core product positioning and messaging,
- Set specific objectives and report on ROI, using data analysis to drive decision making
- Manage all email based marketing and sequences
- Engage our community through social channels.
You ideally will have:
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role!]
- Experience in, and passion for, blockchain technology, its culture, and how its community shapes marketing decisions
- Experience of writing copy / managing social for brands in an in-house environment
- You know what makes a killer headline and have a knack for both writing and editing
- Ability to move quickly, test the copy you create, and iterate to find the perfect performance-based solution
- You take initiative, operate with a high degree of autonomy, and can handle multiple projects at once
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills – experienced at crafting and evangelizing product messages, and developing creative product marketing content
- A deep understanding of direct response.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working remotely
- Experience working for an open source organization
- A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
The anticipated salary range for this role is $50,000 – $95,000 USD (paid in local currency, or crypto, and dependent on experience & location), plus a grant of Status Network Tokens vesting over a three-year period. More info on SNT here here: https://status.im/snt-utility/
The hiring process for this role will be:
- Interview with Ceri from our People Ops team
- Interview with Jonny , Head of Marketing
- Interview with Carl, our co-founder.
The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline. We’re looking for the new marketer (you?) to join the team as soon as possible, and we’re hoping to close the hiring process ideally by August 2020.