Our mission at Product Hunt is to surface great products every day and support makers building the future.
Product Hunt is a fully distributed team across 7 timezones. This full-time role is available for remote candidates from anywhere in the world, but you’ll need to be available from 5am to 11am Pacific Time Monday-Friday (the rest of your hours can be worked flexibly at your convenience).
Your primary daily responsibilities will include managing and growing Product Hunt and YourStack’s social channels whilst keeping on top of breaking tech and product trends. As the social lead you’ll also be expected to explore new social platforms and manage content creation to help grow our online presence to reach new audiences.
- Content creation. Every day, dozens of makers launch on Product Hunt. As the main owner of our official social media profiles with hundreds of thousands of followers, you’ll need to love crafting intriguing tweets, posts, and social content. Managing multiple high volume accounts will be an exciting challenge to you.
- Love for all things tech. New product launches, features, and startups are your bread and butter. If you find yourself spending hours on Twitter, following individuals and teams building incredible products, this role is for you.
- Attention to detail. An attentiveness to detail and organization is important. You should enjoy editing posts and fixing even the most minor grammatical errors.
- Data-driven attitude. We’re constantly optimizing our content and running experiments based on past successes (and failures). Reading and presenting the data to help set your strategy and showcase results should be second nature to you.
- Entrepreneurial flare. You love to design and execute growth and engagement initiatives. From the moment inspiration strikes to analysing the results, you feel confident running projects and experiments autonomously.
- Have fun 🙂
If this list (without exceptions) gets you pumped, we want to hear from you.
- Prior experience running brand social accounts
- Fully remote position
- Salary is dependent on location/cost of living and experience
How We Work
Every person adds to the culture of our team. We look for people that are:
- Curious – Product Hunt was founded with an experimental mindset, an important principle when building something new
- Authentic – People seek authenticity more than ever. It’s a value we hope to demonstrate inside and outside the company.
- Bold – Each person on the team should feel empowered to take measured risks to create outsized impact
- Empathetic – Launching a product is anxiety-inducing. It’s important each person on the team can empathize with makers and our community.
- Kittenish – We’re serious about our work, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have fun 🙂
We’re a distributed team across 9 countries including Bulgaria, Canada, France, India, Ireland, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and United States. It’s important to us to build an inclusive team – across gender, ethnicity and experiences – to best serve our global community.
Benefits / Perks
A few of the benefits we offer:
- Gym stipend – Your health is important to us, too
- Fluid work schedule – We don’t believe in face time, work when you’re most productive (outside the hours noted above)
- Generous vacation time – Hard work deserves time off, so please take it
- Live wherever – We don’t care if you WFH or work from Hawaii (our team is fully distributed)
HOW TO APPLY
If this role sounds exciting and you’re able to meet the time commitment (we welcome people outside the US!), please follow these steps:
First, apply via AngelList here.
Second, send email@example.com your answers to the following:
- Why do you want to join the Product Hunt team for this specific role? What makes it a good fit?
- What’s your favorite product you’ve recently discovered?
- What’s your Product Hunt username and Twitter handle?
- What social channel has you most excited right now and why?
- What account that you’ve managed previously are you most proud of? Please send a link.
- Most importantly, what’s your favorite emoji? 😉
- Salary Offered $45k – $90k • 0.1% – 0.3% equity
- Work Timings need to be available from 5am to 11am Pacific Time Monday-Friday