Proficiency in the Russian language is required for this position
We are Pixellu, a software company on a mission to simplify the lives of professional photographers. We are seeking a world-class Software Development Manager (also called Technical Project Manager) / Scrum Master to manage the development of our software products with remote engineering teams located across multiple timezones. We currently have 3 projects in active development, with 3 projects in support mode.
❤️ About Pixellu
At Pixellu, we know professional photographers are frustrated with all of the tedious work required to run a successful photography business. Many get so overwhelmed, they end up quitting on their dream of having a photography career. That is why we create easy-to-use, time-saving software that simplifies photographers’ lives so that they can spend less time in front of the computer and get back to doing what they love.
Today, we are a team of 30 team members spread across 10 countries, serving tens of thousands of photographers in over 100 countries.
Learn more about us and why you’ll love working at Pixellu here: Working at Pixellu
- Work closely with software developers, technical leads, and product owners to drive project planning and execution of complex software development projects.
- Ensure projects are well-planned, executed efficiently, and delivered with high quality.
- Manage and maintain project information, including feature definition and scope, and epic and scrum planning.
- Maintain a high-level understanding of the architecture of the projects being managed.
- Lead regular scrum sessions, project reviews, sprint planning, and sprint retrospectives.
- Identify significant risks and unknowns, and define and drive resolution plans.
- Manage cross-team dependencies, and coordinate cross-team initiatives and blocking issues.
- Track and ensure release criteria are met.
- Perform higher-level project tracking and reporting.
- Help with engineering staffing, allocation, and tracking.
- Drive information sharing, capturing, and disseminating of best practices across engineering.
🤓 Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing complex software projects and applying agile methodologies.
- Strong technical background and ability to understand complex product functionality, design and technical issues, in order to drive the right priorities, trade-offs and resolutions.
- Deep knowledge of and passion for Agile/Scrum and ability to apply it in a smart and practical way.
- Demonstrated ability to help teams define clear deliverables and meet them.
- Extremely well-organized with project information, attention to detail, and exacting quality standards.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially in the areas of teamwork and influencing skills and ability to facilitate dynamic meetings and discussions.
- Ability to manage and multi-task across multiple projects and teams.
- Certified Scrum Master a plus.
- Experience with AWS, Qt, Django, Angular a plus.
- Experience in OmniPlan, or similar Gantt charting software
- Expertise in JIRA, Confluence wiki a plus.
- Proficiency in the Russian language
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Daily availability 8-10am Pacific Time (17:00-19:00 EET)
- Work from anywhere
- Competitive salary based on experience level and your local cost of living considerations
- Quarterly profit-sharing bonuses based on seniority and role
- Paid parental leave
- 20 annual days off, with the ability to make up missed days on weekends