Software Engineers are an essential part of Battlefy’s Product Team. Working closely with designers and product managers, we implement and maintain the user interface and production systems. We make the most of modern tools like React, Storybook, ES6, and even our next-generation apps are built with React Native.
In Vancouver, the Engineering team is building world-class software to ensure our global customers, players, and organizers have a great esports experience on Battlefy.
We value passion and drive but we also believe that diversity is the key to success for every high growth technology startup. We welcome people from all walks of life.
- A passionate, entrepreneurial-spirited technologist that owns delivery from concept through to completion
- A relentless advocate for engineering excellence, dedicated to coaching and mentoring others
- A product thinker, who balances user pains and business needs while being pragmatic in making data-informed decisions
- An expert at communicating, knowing exactly how to collaborate with sales, marketing, user experience, product managers and other engineers
- Constantly curious, always looking to learn and increase your knowledge
- Passionate about the spirit of competition (gaming, traditional sports)
- Engineer reliable and maintainable software to meet the application and infrastructure needs of the Battlefy platform
- Wear many hats working across Engineering, DevOps and Quality Assurance
- Set professional goals and do everything in your power to surpass them.
- Embody our core values by being people-first, exhibiting your determination to win, and continuously improving.
- At least 1 year of experience building and maintaining software for paying customers
- At least 6 months of experience working remotely
- You have built and/or maintained ambitious React applications
- You have worked in a fast growth environment with teamwork being the foundation of achieving objectives
- You know what technical debt is — you’re pragmatic and know when to make trade-offs between architectural purity and reality
- You either know or are able to demonstrate that you can master the following:
- React or similar modern frontend libraries/frameworks
- MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Amazon Web Services
Bonus Points if you…
- Have worked in startup environments
- Have experience in organizing or competing in esports tournaments
- Have done tech talks at local events
- Have written blog posts
- Ran your own venture (even if it failed)
What you’ll get
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Company hardware
- Much more…