SimpleTire is the Fastest Growing Automotive Brand in America according to Inc. Magazine 2019 All Star Entrepreneurs with over 1200% growth in three years!
SimpleTire was co-founded by Andy and Josh Chalofsky and Kenny Pratt. They shared a common vision to create a company that offers customers the largest selection of tires at the best price on new tires for every vehicle with free shipping, in a painless, “simple” tire buying process.
In 2012, the trio successfully converted the traditional business model to a technology-driven model, linking independent tire distributors and installers across the country into a seamless e-commerce network, creating SimpleTire. Today, SimpleTire’s network stretches across the country with more than 3,000 independent supply points and over 10,000 installation centers.
SimpleTire employs nearly 100 people in our headquarters located in the greater Philadelphia area. We are proud of the culture we have created where every team member plays an integral role in the company’s success. In 2019 the Company was named a “Best Places To Work” finalist by Tire Business Magazine and in 2020 was awarded “Top Workplace in the Delaware Valley by the Philadelphia Inquirer.
This position is eligible for part time or full time remote work status.
The user experience designer will be the subject matter expert in the full spectrum of user interactions (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, wireframes etc) in a fast-paced startup-like environment. You will help evaluate the current UX and will work with our UX design team, product owners, executives and engineers to develop new designs for the many exciting features we are planning, based on an existing site style guide and component library..
This position will work closely with the Technology, Analytics, Merchandising, and Site Development teams. The ideal candidate will thrive in an environment of continuous innovation, must be able to present complex wireframes, prototypes or visual solutions to internal and agency stakeholders and communicate research, methodology and technology behind the proposed ideas and executions.
Essential job functions will include the following:
- Take the lead on user interface design and prototyping through the full design and development cycle (including concepts, information architecture, visual design and interaction design)
- Create functional prototypes that display highly innovative, engaging, and user centered designs
- Help guide design team in creation of modern user interfaces with a focus on usability and simple and intuitive, efficient user interaction
- Work with leadership to evangelize user-centered design through training, role modeling, and influencing project teams
- Deliver results in agile development environment
- Interpret data and qualitative feedback to find opportunities
- Conduct user research to explore new concepts and gather feedback
- Create prototypes and A/B test to find the winning solution
- Work with the technical development team on the implementation of intended user experiences.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
- Keep up-to-date with recent design, technology, and software trends and developments.
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Previous experience in a role critical to the successful delivery of multiple, high-stakes projects.
- A balance of both analytical and creative thinking
- A strong sense of ownership in your work and unwaveringly positive attitude.
- A strong communicator, able to express verbally, visually and in writing.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects on tight deadlines while maintaining the highest quality.
- A collaborator willing to share knowledge, ideas and designs to the wider team
- Possess a deep sense of empathy for the end-user
- Passion for your work and your profession.
- 5+ years of hands-on user experience web design in ecommerce
- Demonstrated expertise in creating high quality user experiences; must have an online portfolio of mobile and web samples, including examples of site mapping and wireframing for feature projects.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, verbal and written communication skills, networking and presentation skills.
- Proven experience with user interface design and guidelines. Involvement in usability studies/testing a plus. Experience with Agile workflows strongly preferred.
- High enthusiasm, creativity, initiative, and innovation
- Extensive knowledge of Sketch and/or Adobe XD or similar design tool
- Understanding of user research methodologies and best practices
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10