You will work together with multiple stakeholders in cross-functional teams – Great products aren’t built with engineering silos. We believe that in early-stage startups, there are no Engineering teams. There are only Product Teams. We like to focus on outcomes vs only output.
We’re looking for entrepreneurial people who can connect with the team and the problem we are trying to solve, who are willing to work exceptionally hard & are excited at the prospect of building/scaling a high-performance technology team. If you are interested, Kevin from our Engineering Team wrote a blog that offers a comprehensive window to the coding culture and ethics at Squad: Squad takes the Joel Test.
SquadVoice is the smartest way for consumer companies to increase lead outreach and engagement to increase sales conversions massively. For more check our product deck here.
We’re able to drive a 2-5x increase in revenue opportunities with 40% more ROI vs. in-house or outsourced teams. Tata Cliq, Zomato, Myntra, Nestaway, Delhivery, 91springboard, EarlySalary, Upgrad etc. are some of the startups that leverage SquadVoice to boost their conversion rate.
We are seeing massive growth & are looking to nearly double our Mar 2020 run-rate by Dec 2020. To learn more checkout how we are responding to the COVID crisis.
What you’ll be doing?
- Act as a lead engineer and resolve blockers. Help the engineering team stay productive 🙂 *Architecture & design: *
- Be the single owner for the whole product architecture & design
- Proactively ensure that the system architecture evolves to meet its changing needs & environment.
- Nurture technical initiatives around tooling, technical debt, security etc.
- Product: Work closely with product, business & operations. Translate abstract business & product requirements into crisp technical specifications along with a delivery roadmap.
- Development: Take a hands-on role as an when required; write & review code on a regular basis. Think of it as a Tech Lead EM kind of role.
- Process: Advocate good engineering practices, proactive RCAs etc.
- Coach & mentor engineers in the team with regular feedback to ensure continuous improvement.
- Managing & supporting the technology team (3-5 members)
- Regular 1-1s. Nurture career development conversations
- Provide regular feedback to reportees
- Work towards building a high-performance team
- Stay & keep the team aligned with the technical & product direction.
- Provide a solid technical direction including establishing a tech vision, resolving technical disagreements & managing technical quality of deliverables
- Hiring: You will actively take part in building the team & iterating upon our hiring engine.
- Current Stack: Django/Python, Postgresql, RabbitMQ, Redis, AWS
- EC2/RDS/Lambda/Elasticache/S3, Android/Java etc. – It’s okay if you aren’t familiar with the whole stack as long as you have experience working on distributed systems.
- All meals are on the house 🙂 (Not right now though, as we are operating remotely)
- Unlimited vacation policy, which means you are not entitled to a specific number of leaves per year. You can take time off from work according to what suits you the best. Needless to say, the system works on trust and we expect you to make fair decisions based on the team’s needs. This is just the beginning and we’re here to change the world. 🙂
- 4+ years of experience building products.
- 1.5+ years experience in architecting/designing systems from ground-up & leading engineering teams.
- Education: Graduate in a relevant domain (preferably).
- Joining Date: Tomorrow 😉
- Location: We are working remotely for the time being. Once it’s safe to be back in the office we’ll work out of our Noida office.
- Compensation: Competitive + ESOP’s
- Salary Offered ₹23L – ₹30L