- Provide post-implementation, support desk and front/back line support for customers to solve technical issues on storage hardware and software products.
- Provide daily remote monitoring for storage environment.
- Write, proofread and submit knowledge-base articles on a weekly basis.
- Manage all open tickets and ensure customers get regular updates regarding case status.
- Manage all open cases to the fastest resolution.
- Responsible to liaise with sales and engineering teams for problem resolution.
- Support work is done via e-mail, remote access, phone, and on-site.
- Demonstrate a thorough technical and business understanding of clients’ needs, including how those pertain to DDN products and services.
- Develop innovative, customized solutions to meet customers’ business needs.
- Clearly communicate complex technical topics to the varied knowledge levels of external customers.
- Develop positive and trustworthy relationships with customers.
- Manage customer relationship post-sale to ensure the highest caliber customer satisfaction.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities, ensuring all objectives are accomplished.
- Provide reliable information: Builds credibility in a resource role by remaining factual and timely in providing information; maintains his sources for quick access to time-sensitive information and to stay abreast of new developments; proactively educates customers or shares information as part of the service they deserve.
- Constantly seeks information that will be useful but is not readily available to colleagues; enjoys being sought for advice and instruction; spends the time to build a base of knowledge that ultimately helps others to be more effective.
- Must have 3+ years’ experience providing technical support to end user customers for storage and or enterprise level infrastructure products.
- Able to work either a Tuesday thru Saturday shift or a Sunday thru Thursday shift 8am to 5pm with occasional overtime work.
- Experience supporting hardware and or SW products.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- BS in technical discipline such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Sciences, or equivalent; industry experience.
- Technical Expectations: The following are preferred technical requirements: Linux OS, Unix OS, Windows OS, Mac OS, SCSI, Lustre, GPFS, CXFS, QFS, ZFS, NAS, SAN, Pearl, Shell Scripting, Solaris, C Plus+, and Visio.
- Does not wait for guidance, pro-actively identifies and delivers value to customers.
- Must have in-depth technical knowledge and problem analysis skills.
- Good understanding of the technical fundamentals of the system infrastructure including open system platforms (UNIX, Linux, Windows) and networking.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
DDN Core Characteristics:
DataDirect Networks, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, sex stereotyping, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5