In your role as a Senior QA Engineer for Data plane team within Sandvine Test Engineering, you will understand what a customer needs and successfully deliver quality product.
The role calls for a get-it-done mindset to adhere to core Sandvine Test Engineering principle of always-be-delivering.
- You are one of the smartest people on the planet
- Acting as a QA point of contact and studying to become an expert in your assigned area.
- Installing/testing/verifying multiple components that comprise a product with the intention to certify that the product is ready for release and conform to product requirements.
- Developing and maintaining test plans and test cases for features under test.
- Automation of your test cases within an established automated framework
- While meeting schedule commitments, executing tests and providing quality test status reports.
- Reviewing and analyzing project documentation to ensure product test-ability.
- Providing accurate defect submissions which communicate customer impact and provide information to assist with the defect investigation and resolution.
- Installing, configuring and troubleshooting the integrated solution under test.
- Understanding how a feature is implemented in order to develop test cases for the functionality, performance, stress, and fault conditions.
- Assisting in project risk analysis, testing scope and scheduling
- Identifies level of test coverage required and evaluates customer feedback to identify weak areas
- Ability to work independent and collaborative
- Development of reusable tools for test automation and identify new methods for automation
- Work closely with Architects, Tech Leads, and Software Engineers to understand the testing requirements.
- Working with remote team, understand the testing requirements
- Ready to work with Global Engineering team encompassing multiple time-zones
- Readiness for travelling (10%)
What skills you bring
- BE or ME (or equivalent degree) degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of work experience in Automation testing using Python and verification field.
- Strong in system/solution testing and extensive experience in one or more of below:
Deep Packet Inspection
Traffic Steering Engine
- Understanding of hardware and software configurations, network switches, configuration of software, and the ability to work from the command line on Windows and Unix (FreeBSD)
- Knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, L2-L3 protocols) and networking devices
- Strong understanding in networking concepts like TCP/IP, Switching and Routing.
- Understanding of Quality Assurance processes including development of Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Strategies
- Experience analyzing network protocols using tools such as Wire shark, Ethereal
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated time management, project planning and organizational skills
Networks are evolving, and operators need to keep up. At Sandvine, we’re working with innovative customers who are looking to embrace change and constantly improve. By combining analytics, machine learning, and automation, we help hundreds of network operators around the world make their networks run simpler and smarter – all while exceeding their expectations.
As a Sandviner, you will take on new challenges, learn from industry leaders, and contribute to creative solutions as part of a growing team that is transforming the way the world runs networks.
What Can You Expect From Us
- Competitive compensation plan
- Complimentary Breakfast, Lunch, snacks and soft drinks
- Flexible working hours – in some roles work from home
- Employee development including training programs and mentorship
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- International travel opportunities- we are a global company
Thank-you for your interest in Sandvine. While we’re not able to reach out to everyone who applies, we will contact you if your skills and experience are a match for the role. Otherwise, we’ll keep your resume in case there is a match with future opportunities.
In the meantime, if you want to learn more about life at Sandvine, follow us on Twitter (@Sandvine) and Facebook (Facebook.com/Sandvine).
Sandvine is committed to supporting a culture of inclusion, diversity and accessibility to employment for all. We are proud to operate as an equal opportunity employer.
-The Sandvine Global Talent Acquisition Team
- Total Years Experience 5-10