User Experience Designers Wanted
Bitovi’s User Experience department is looking for passionate, experienced UX generalists who align with our team values (listed below).
NOTE: Please read through the entire job description. Applications that are missing requested details will not be considered
We are Curious: Always in the pursuit of discovery we want to learn from our clients and their customers. We avoid narrow minded thinking and predictable, safe ideas.
We are Crafts-People: We take pride in our work and are confident in our experience. We always fight the good fight, speaking up to ensure we never compromise quality for our clients and their customers.
We are Data Driven: We believe there is truth in data and allow it to guide our thinking. We’re always transparent when communicating our findings and always document what we’ve learned.
We are Empathetic: We genuinely care about our clients and their customers. We strive to find the intersection between data and emotions. We never operate from a place of ego and never make assumptions.
We are Problem Solvers: We are naturally creative people. We take our time to explore every possibility and take the risks that are necessary to set us apart from the rest (to solve the problem).
Ideal candidates have experience in the following areas:
- Experience – You have three to five years of experience working in an agency setting or similar
- Communication – You use clear verbal and written communication. You don’t mind speaking directly with clients, stakeholders, users, and team members. You can intelligently explain your decisions
- User Experience Practitioner – You understand, follow, and promote best practices and principles. You know that UX is not just about making pretty UIs. You know how to engage with users and you’ve performed unbiased user testing
- Data – You can collect, interpret, and use data to make informed decisions
- UX Tools – You are familiar with wire-framing and prototyping software. We use Sketch and Axure as well as other common UX tools
- Accessibility(a11y) – You are passionate that applications can be used by everyone. You know how (or want to learn how) to make applications WCAG AAA compliant
- Responsive, Detailed Design – You have a keen eye for typography, spacing, and how to use color. You have experience designing for the web and mobile devices
- Clean, Responsive Code – You can write clean, commented HTML and CSS; Flexbox and Grid essential. Experience with preprocessors is a plus
- Learning – You are Interested in learning new processes, methods, and tools
Work Remotely (in North America) as a UX Consultants
Bitovi helps people and companies create better web applications. We’re a team of 30-ish people made up of UX designers and developers located around the US and Canada.
We have a track record of designing and building high-profile and amazing web applications through our active Consulting practice. Our apps are built with style guides, tests, full docs, accessibility considerations, and a deployment process in place.
Our article, Hello Potential Bitovian sums it up very well (NOTE: The article is more Dev-focused, but a good short read!)
This is a remote, full-time position. Past remote work is preferred.
This role may require travel up to 1 week every 6 weeks (once travel resumes after COVID). Due to travel requirements, at this time we are only accepting candidates in the U.S. who are willing and able to travel in the future. When we start traveling again, we average traveling onsite quarterly.
The day-to-day you will work with our clients to create applications. We do this by using various methods in our UX toolbox like:
- Conducting discovery workshops
- Writing and conducting surveys
- Creating and performing user interviews
- Developing personas
- Scheduling, preparing, and administering user testing
- Stepping through heuristic evaluations and design reviews
- Creating user flows, journey maps, and user stories
- Ideating, iterating, and presenting mockups
- Creating and testing interactive prototypes
- Developing UIs in HTML and CSS
- Writing documentation and and presenting reports
Bitovi is a community of learners. If you haven’t done a couple of the things on this list, don’t worry. As long as you have the background and the willingness to learn, we can help you get trained up in a short amount of time on the areas you’re not as familiar with.
In addition to client work, you’ll have the opportunity to shape a small and growing company by applying your talent and passion towards an area of interest. Bitovi’s employees:
- Speak at conferences & meetups
- Give trainings
- Maintain open source projects
- Create tutorials
- Write articles
- Competitive salary and annual bonuses
- Company retreats (previously in Boston, Scottsdale, Denver, Las Vegas, New Orleans, and Amelia Island)
- 401(k) plan with matching
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Health and dental insurance
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Maternity/paternity leave
- Work from home
Apply directly via this posting with the following items. Applications that are missing any of the following details will not be considered.
- Resume – please just a 1-2 page resume (as opposed to a multi-page story or portfolio)
- Cover letter – must include:
- A thoughtful introduction about yourself.
- Tell us three reasons why you’re perfect for this role.
- Focus on your recent and past work and experience
- Your salary requirements
- Your current availability (when can you start?)
- If you have other conditions, please make sure to include those there as well
- A link to your portfolio. We are looking for:
- UX project documentation/reporting
- Mockups and prototypes you’ve built
- Examples of user testing you have done
- A link to HTML and CSS you have written – CodePen, JSFiddle, etc.
- We will be looking to see if you can do the basics as well as get really excited about the really cool/weird stuff you can do
- Please include examples of your use of Flexbox and CSS Grid
- A thoughtful introduction about yourself.