We, at Koik Technologies, build and launch world-class startups. We have a strong team of in house designers and of more than 400 developers. So far we have launched 7 startups and have had 4 successful exits.
We are looking for a UX/UI Product Designer to join our team full time. You will be responsible for designing new features and enhancements on several products for external clients. You will also have the opportunity to work on new products as they arise. Day to day, you would be doing any of the following activities:
- Running user interviews to uncover insights
- Designing and building prototypes
- Testing prototypes with users to understand usability and solution fit Collaborating with clients, developers, and other members of Planes to find solutions to problems.
- Running product demos and sprint planning sessions with clients and the development team
- Researching and making recommendations for solutions to product problems, or to help with product goals
- Wireframing and mapping out user journeys
- Detail-design ready for development handoff
In addition to design, you will also have a product mindset and have an interest in Product Management type work . With this, you will progressively become more involved in working with the client to intelligently prioritise new features, write specifications, and managing the development sprints to see your designs become a reality.
For this role, you will have at least 1-2 years of professional experience working as a UX/UI product (mobile and web0 designer as part of a product team. You will need to be a great communicator, and a superb team player. The following experience would help you in the role:
- UX research/design; an appreciation of how users interact with products, how to map and measure these journeys and the ability to improve them.
- Experience working with and developing design systems (atomic design)
- Designing for digital products alongside developers
- Use of Design Systems/component libraries to help smooth developer hand off
- Experience with Figma and maybe Principal
- Exposure to delivering digital projects;
- Exposure to the principles of agile development.
- Client facing; communicating directly with clients both written and in person
- Experience translating designs or requirements to user stories for developers to build
- Project planning; aptitude at managing many moving parts and conflicting stakeholders requirements
If this sounds like a piece of you, please send through a short (no longer than one paragraph) intro on you, a portfolio of your work (links to Dribbble/Behance etc are fine if you have them) along with your CV.
If we like what we see we will invite you in to have a chat over a (Google Meet)coffee.
- Salary Offered $12k – $24k