It’s also not a content creation role — we’re using existing content created by Matthew and others on the team. Your process management, organizational, and teamwork skills, as well as your flexibility, will be more important than anything in this role.
Are you a killer social media manager with experience increasing engagement on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram? Do you live on social media 24/7 and wouldn’t dream of being out of touch for more than a few hours? Are you supremely capable at making independent decisions when you need to troubleshoot a post in the moment? Would you be psyched to help manage a social media community of smart, successful women seeking dating, relationship, and confidence advice?
Well, you might be the rock star social media manager we’re looking for.
This role requires a super organized, independent self-starter. We need you to not be shy about keeping others — even our CEO — to account. If you need a lot of hand holding, you won’t be a great fit for this role.
You’ll work closely with our existing social media manager to take over all weekend social media tasks, including posting and comment review. You’ll also work about half or slightly more than half of your hours during the week, but it is essential that you are willing and able to commit to 3-4 hours per day on Saturday & Sunday.
The qualities we’re looking for include:
– High level of organizational skills and ability to organize others
– Process mindset and ability to see the big picture
– Confidence, but no ego
– Ability to keep others accountable, no fear in your project management skillset
– Lots of flexibility
– High digital availability and willingness to grow with us
– Passion for and devotion to the work we do and our community
– Prior experience as a freelancer preferred
– Two years of social media management experience preferred (bonus points if it’s for a media personality)
– Helping process manage two designers, a video editor, our CEO, and various other team members to get posts planned, ready, and scheduled
– Finalizing approvals from Matthew
– Posting on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and potentially Pinterest in future
– QAing posts to make sure everything is working & looks beautiful
– Community comment review & removal of spam
– Willingness to speak up with ideas as well as take final direction where necessary
Why Join Us?
You’ll work remotely with a good amount of flexibility. We are 100% remote, with team members based in LA, NY, the UK, Eastern Europe, and Asia.
Make an impact – help women level-up in their relationships, self-esteem, and happiness.
Be part of a positive, upbeat team that deals with each other with respect and gratitude.
This role starts as part-time freelance for 15-20 hours per week. Hours may increase in future. Given that most of our customers are in the U.S., we generally work U.S. business hours, so you should have consistent availability within 9 am – 6 pm Eastern time hours (we’ll need to be reliably able to reach you during these hours). You’ll need consistent availability for team video calls between the hours of 11 AM – 3 PM Eastern.
To be considered, please write a cover letter to email@example.com as to why you’d be a good fit in the body of your email. DO NOT send a CV or other attachments (if you attach ANYTHING to it, your application will automatically not be read). We prioritize culture fit, attention to detail, and superstar-quality writing when selecting candidates.
Matthew Hussey / Get the Guy is a successful online dating and relationship advice company that helps women get the results they want in their love lives – but we don’t stop there. Nothing stays at the surface with us; we go deep and show our customers how to transform their confidence and self-esteem to live happier, more fulfilling lives overall.
You’ll be writing to & chatting with our Operations & People Strategist, Rachael Mare. Her favorite color is blue, so she’d be pleased if you put that word somewhere in your subject line when sending your letter.
Looking forward to meeting you!