We are a virtual and in-person community events software platform. We help companies build, grow and scale their global communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an Enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, Duolingo, eBay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In May 2020, Bevy raised a $15M Series B funding round. On top of that, we’re rolling out Bevy Virtual, a new product to help communities build & connect during #COVID19.
About the Role and the Design team
We’re looking for a motivated Web Designer who has a desire to continue learning at a startup. Bevy is growing fast and in this role, you will be mostly responsible for designing and editing our client’s websites. You will work within the Design team where we daily have stand ups to sync, check for possible show stoppers or shift tasks.
We communicate honestly and thoughtfully so everyone is on the same page (check our complete list of Values throughout the company).
“Teamwork makes the dream work”. We work well together. When one of us wins, we all win.
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Located within the Americas (we are a remote team but would like to constrain Time Zone as possible)
- Figma/Sketch knowledge
- Have a strong knowledge of HTML / CSS
- Familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile
- Are highly organized and detail oriented
- Know how to balance perfectionism with agile deliverables
- Self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines
- Share new ideas that may improve our way of work
- Take constructive criticism with ease and grace – Everybody is continuously learning
- Have a proactive attitude with a willingness to take on any task. We are growing, but still a startup – Giving others a hand is our way of working
- Edit current client’s website that need style tweaks, or design new website pages (if any higher custom engineering work is required in this case, you’ll be working as a team with your fellow developers).
- Design mockups that will serve as prototypes for sales demos of the product.
- Work closely with other departments: Engineering, Customer Success and Sales teams
We are a small but powerful team, dedicated to achieving our mission to bring more community to the world. Many of us have worked in community positions before and understand the struggles and peaks that come with the role. Our team communicates candidly, giving feedback early and often. We set ambitious goals, and do what it takes to achieve them, while making sure that we take care of our own personal health and mental wellbeing. We’ll want you to be ready to take on a lot of responsibility with guidance and mentorship along the way.
If you recognize yourself in the above, please submit your resume and more information about yourself and let us know why you think we would work well together. Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to your resume. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Principals only please.