Web Developer (HTML/CSS)
SAM Labs is an award-winning EdTech start-up. Founded in 2014, growing fast and venture capital funded, we are here to inspire and enable generations of problem solvers. At SAM Labs we empower non-technical teachers with innovative curriculum resources, tools, and the mindset to teach computational thinking. Using our products and lesson materials, teachers can help their students design anything from an energy efficient lighting grid for a ‘smart’ city to a solar-powered habitat for endangered species!
With over 5,000 school customers in 60+ countries already using SAM Labs products and lesson materials, we are looking for a Web Developer. Our Software team is led by a former Google Software Engineering lead. We are a team of passionate and collaborative people on a mission to be key players in the future of education and the Web Developer will play a crucial role.
At SAM Labs we are optimists. We value creativity, action, hard work, ownership, transparency and fun. If you do too, join us!
We are looking for a passionate web developer to continuously implement and refine the visual design of our new website working with our UX/design lead and engineering team. It’ll include an exciting blend of Internet of Things, and web services for education.
You will be working with various technologies including Craft CMS and Shopify to bring our new website and user experience to life.
You will develop front-end functionality with a focus on delivering responsive, attractive, and maintainable products.
You will be working with others to build out designs for our website and apps.
- Experience with front-end development technologies including:
- Experience building responsive front ends that are usable across various devices/screen sizes.
- Strong interest in user experience design.
- Ability to translate graphic design into HTML and CSS.
- Familiar with semantic HTML for clean accessible document structures.
- Comfortable with mobile first design.
- Implementing designs so that they perform well in popular web browsers.
- Use source control to manage and commit work.
- Ability to use graphics software such as Adobe Photoshop.
- Familiarity with Unity.
- Familiarity with Hubspot.
– CSS3 / SCSS / BEM
– Craft CMS (bonus but not essential)
– Shopify (bonus but not essential)
Our Recruitment Process
Inviting someone to join our team is a big deal for us and we put a lot of time and effort into the process. We don’t want to waste anyone’s time, so if we figure out we’re not perfect for each other at any stage, we’ll let you know.
We want our recruitment process to be fair and inclusive, so please do let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make.
- Apply for the job through one of the links below.
- You’ll have a half hour chat over the phone with a member of our recruitment team so we can find out more about your experience and ambitions.
- If we think you’re a good match for the role, we’ll book you in for an in-person interview. For some roles there’s also a task to complete and a second interview. This’ll also be a chance to meet some of the people you’d be working with, and ask any questions about working at SAM Labs.
- That’s it! If everyone’s happy, we’ll make you an offer.
Any unsolicited CVs sent to us by recruiters/agencies – that is to say, in any situation where the HR Team here at SAM Labs have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy – will be considered by us to be a “free gift”, leaving us liable for no fees whatsoever should we choose to contact the candidate directly and engage the candidate’s services, and will in no way establish any prior claim by your company to representation of that candidate should the candidate’s details also be submitted by any other party.
Submission of any unsolicited CVs to us by your company will be deemed evidence of full and unlimited acceptance by your company of these terms, and agreement by your company that these terms are the totality of any commercial or contractual relationship whatsoever between our companies in respect of the candidate(s) whose unsolicited CVs were thus sent.