Design is so, so important. Then again, if you’re reading this, you already know that, so let’s cut to the chase.
We’re ZSA Technology Labs, and we make great computer keyboards — the ErgoDox EZ
and the Planck EZ
. Some might even say they’re some of the best in the world (the Wirecutter seems to think so
). We’re a fully remote team, with members in Canada, the US, Mexico, Croatia, and Japan. We care about how we do the work
, as well as the resulting product.
We have an incredible designer who’s been with us for years. Last year, we added a talented 3D artist on a full-time basis. And now, it’s your turn.
Work has been growing steadily, and adding a new member to the team is a huge decision for us. We don’t post these ads very often — we’re pretty serious about staying small.
In broad strokes, we are looking for someone who:
- Is a nice person.
- Is an accomplished designer, preferably with some background in eCommerce and print.
- Can illustrate, either by hand or vector.
- Has opinions about design, and knows how to communicate them pleasantly and effectively.
- Cares about great keyboards and open-source software.
- Bonus: Has a background in product photography.
- Isn’t into a ton of meetings. This is not your traditional corporate gig.
I’m Erez, the guy behind the keyboards (and the company). If you choose to apply, there’s a massive (but fun!) Typeform for you to fill out. I will personally read your application — not some bot or hiring firm. I wish I could guarantee I’d get back to you, but realistically speaking, I can only get back to a handful of candidates. I hope you will be one of them.