As a founding engineer, you will be working very closely with the founders and lead end-to-end development. We’re looking for people who can
- Collaborate with product, design, operations, data science, and peer engineering teams to build solutions that have a direct impact on our business growth and customer experience
- Architect and implementing performant and scalable backend microservices in a lightning-fast environment
- Contribute to system architecture and database design
- Write quality documentation, handle conflicts well to build consensus, and develop a strong culture of quality
- Design and manage an infrastructure that can scale to handle millions of requests daily
- Mentor and guide junior developers
What We’re Looking For
- 1.5+ years of experience building scalable system using Python ecosystem
- Sound understanding of computer architecture and CS fundamentals
- Experience with database design and architecture, i.e. data modelling and experience with design patterns
- Experience in microservice architecture design
- Excellent understanding of different testing methodologies: Unit Testing, Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing
Why Work Here?
Besides the experience, excitement, and career boost that comes with working at a rocketship Y Combinator startup, there are also major hard benefits to joining KiranaKart. We offer a competitive salary and equity compensation with significant upside.
We are looking for someone that dreams of disrupting an industry instead of working at a large corporation for 25+ years. You would be building and making product decisions that will impact hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of real users.
In the process, you will be able to build strong connections with investors, successful founders, and mentors. These relations would be incredibly helpful to anyone with aspirations to be a startup founder in the future.
Why you should join KiranaKart
KiranaKart is Mumbai’s fastest-growing instant grocery delivery app with plans to expand nationally soon! We’re building a better model in this space with faster deliveries, stronger unit economics, and 100% inventory accuracy.
We’re a Y Combinator startup, backed by Nexus Venture Partners and some of the most respected investors in Silicon Valley and India and have raised 7-10 million USD (currently in stealth mode).
Our founders are former Stanford students who returned to India once KiranaKart started taking off. Besides a bunch of credentials, we’re young, ambitious, and we get shit done quickly. We’re now building a new product from scratch and recruiting rockstar engineers & designers to join our core team.
- Salary Offered $20k - $60k / 0.05% - 0.70%