OK Roger is building an AI-driven platform to solve problems for business travelers. We offer Roger as a personal assistant for individual business travelers. Text and book a flight! Our enterprise platform is meant for teams with many business travelers who want to save money and increase their team’s productivity. We are an early stage startup and as such a globally distributed team with presence in the US, Europe and Asia. We are very open to finding the right talent as opposed to being focused on hiring in a given geography.
About the Role
Hands on Software Engineer with a focus on developing Front-End user-facing components of our platform – both web-based dashboards and conversational experiences.
This is initially a short-term 3-month contract position with an opportunity to develop into a long-term position based on your performance and impedance match.
You should have sufficient design and UX skills that you are able to demonstrate with your portfolio of current or past projects.
Is this You?
- Do you naturally have great design and visualization skills?
- You are a true problem solver, an analytical power house!
- Are you a hacker and out of the box thinker? If so – send us some relevant examples of what you have hacked together!
- Do you love data and problems associated to visualizing it in compelling ways and creating amazing User Experiences
- You are a self-motivated individual who can work with minimal direction and can collaborate with teams.
- You’ll primarily be a Front-End developer but if backend software scares you off, this is likely not for you.
- Are you a fast learner?
- You are someone who has a very good design aesthetic and can build UI without the help of a designer or even a detailed wireframe for that matter. Please be ready to showcase your independent work that demonstrates these abilities.
- Great communication skills and ability to articulate & communicate problems and solutions.
- Experience working in startup environments with minimal structure
Skills and Qualifications
- Computer Science degree from one of the well known Universities.
- Ability to work with of some pieces of the backend written in Java/Scala etc.
- Experience with Data Visualization toolkits such as Google Charts, D3.js GGplot and so on
What’s in it for you
- Ownership & empowerment: We are a very small team – so there’s no politics & no non-sense! this is a key role that will have the responsibility to develop our core IP
- Equity : to the right strategic individual, we will offer an equity stake in the company upon full time employment. we want your skin the game!
- Cash compensation : of-course.
- Team : you’ll join a bunch of very successful Technologists from well-known Tech companies – in their mission. we think we have a lot to offer and hope that you do too!
- Product Strategy : this is a key strategic role for us and if you come on-board, you’ll be helping make lots of strategic product and technology decisions.
- Work From Anywhere!
- Work directly with the Founder & CEO and rest of the founding team. We are still small and you can grow with us.
To start with, this is a contract role leading to a full-time opportunity with equity ownership, depending on your situation and match.
If interested, please apply, indicating your interest, why you think you are a fit, a pointer to example front-end products you’ve built with a link to github, along-with a PDF of your resume. Agencies, please excuse.
- Salary Offered $24k – $75k
- Total Years Experience 0-5