The ProScribe Training Program (PTP) Virtual Instructor is responsible for conducting virtual classroom training for new scribes.
- Preps for VILT – reviews Instructor Guide, reviews scenarios sent by Training Coordinator
- Reviews grades of new hires completing training sent by Training Coordinator
- Collaborates with Training Coordinator to ensure success delivery of VILT material to trainees
- Communicates with new hires pass or fail grade
- Subject matter expert in assigned curriculum and Learning Management Systems utilized
- Assists with data management pertaining to the Training Department
- Provides Training Department recommendations for process improvement
- Ability to learn and appropriately apply basic medical terminologies and techniques taught and used on the job.
- Ability to adapt to various learning styles to best assist new hires through training
- Ability to quickly learn new EMRs, new physician practice styles, and potentially new areas of expertise (i.e. cardiology, neurology, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to observe and to draft a narrative account of events accurately and cogently, in grammatically-correct English.
- Ability to spell proofread and edit written text.
- Keyboard proficiency (approximately 70 words/minute).
- Ability to operate a personal computer and related software applications.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to problem solve under pressure.
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally with others.
- Understanding of and commitment to appropriate protection of confidential patient information.
- Commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills
High school diploma required. College sophomore status or higher required. Pre-health career track preferred. Familiarity with clinical procedures and ability to demonstrate knowledge of medical terminology strongly preferred.